Saturday 14 April 2012

Nash PegOne Umbrella Review

The second instalment in my frankly short line of fishing reviews is the Nash PegOne Umbrella (yes, its the same range as the chair I recently reviewed).

As you can see from the pictures I have posted with this entry, its a fairly large umbrella (60 inches in diameter). This size is necessary for fishing. Its nicer to be prepared and start dry when you go fishing. I can say from experience that rain does not help in fishing. Your fingers become slippery and the water makes you feel very cold, making it difficult to do most things. This umbrella covers me, my chair, my bag and more. There is also easily enough room for another person.

This particular umbrella is supplied with ground pegs and ropes to secure it into the ground. Such accessories do help because you can probably guess that wind against such a large umbrella will not end well. I don't actually notice many problems in the wind when I do use this either so I'd say its quite a success. There are also two flaps on this umbrella to open it out for ventilation (not sure why nash say that seeing as there is one huge hole in the front of it). These holes also allow a pole to be fed through the back. I'm afraid I can't cover that feature as I do not do pole fishing.

Overall I would say this umbrella is very well made, secure and ideal for any day session. There are also cheaper options out there and my brother owns one, which I may review in the future.


No comments:

Post a Comment