Wednesday 2 May 2012

Call Of Duty - My opinions on the series

I'm going to make my view on COD clear now seeing as the trailer for Black Ops 2 has recently been revealed. I enjoyed COD back at Modern Warfare1 (by far the best one). I still own WaW, MW2 and Black Ops but I only play on Black Ops and that's just for the odd zombies game. I'm no longer bothered with COD for various reasons.

The community is pretty shocking. Lets be honest, you cant play on COD without getting abused for being better or you end up getting really pissed off when the other team just camps with the noobiest weapons. I very rarely enjoy my experiences on COD and they only get good when the new one comes out. This is because all the fanboys just abandon the previous game for the new one. The only difference is that someone else made it and gave it a different title. The basics are the same throughout. Its also way too easy to kill anyone. I've been in matches where I can die after being hit by one bullet in knee, THAT DOESN'T HAPPEN IN REAL LIFE! I'd have to say I much prefer an accurate game like Battlefield (I also didnt own this for very long as I'm generally done with FPS games now). At least in Battlefield bullets and guns obey the laws of physics (bullets are affected by gravity and guns have accurate recoil). It's also much harder to kill people, the only way to get a one shot kill is to get a headshot with a sniper.

Map size on COD is pitiful as well. Its largest maps tend to still be smaller than the smallest maps on most other games. Lets take Battlefield as the example again, I can remember map layouts on it that have small combat sections bigger than Fuel on MW2 (apparently that's the largest map on COD).

I have actually seen the Block Ops 2 trailer and I will admit, it looks okay at best. I'm relatively certain it's the first game Treyarch have actually gone into the future in (so lets see how good they are at making up events and technologies). I may consider renting it for a week, which is what I did with MW3, but I doubt I'll buy it unless there are more zombies games and they're actually decent. If you haven't seen the trailer yet you can find it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment