Wednesday 11 April 2012

sonic screwdriver Wii remote review

This Christmas I received a sonic screwdriver Wii remote. I have no problems with it and there aren't many features so thus will only be a short review.

Lets start with appearance. Not much to say other than it looks like a sonic screwdriver from the new series of doctor who. Decent attention to detail and the buttons for the Wii remote have been incorporated into the design very well.

This device does have quite a few good features which come in handy for a Wii remote. there are no batteries that need to be constantly replaced. The device Comes with a micro USB cable, which connects to the bottom. This is also where the nunchuck plugs in. I find this to be very useful as the old requirements of the Wii remote to have you constantly buying new batteries was not very great for those of us with less money. I had bought a rechargable battery pack but that broke quite quickly. Charge time is fairly good (2-3 hours charging to get up to 12 hours playtime) and I can recharge it whilst playing my PS3.

The remote feels good to hold, rubberised in the middle and with good grip. I did have to attach my own wrist strap and this was very difficult as the holes for the steering to pass through are at awkward angles to each other.

All in all I'd say this is a great purchase for any doctor who fan. Nice novelty value and works well, what more could you want?


No comments:

Post a Comment